Friday, September 9, 2011

Work from the week!

Here's some various work from throughout this week. First, a character design for my cartooning and caricature class. We were all given an individual inanimate object and asked to flesh out a character for one. I was given a clothes hook.




A clothes hook was a little challenging, since it's basically a flat object. But once I did some visual research, it got fun. I found the eye-studies to be really necessary and helpful, since nearly his mouth is covered and body language is a bit limited with a flat object.

The PMC had life drawing on Wednesday night (and those of you who are my classmates that are reading this-- you should totally go! Every Wednesday, 7-10, VA160), so I have a few of my best from the night to show.




Dang has it been a while!

We're starting to work things up in perspective now, so I might have some things from that class to show next week. :)

2 comments:

  1. great sketches! I went to the life drawing session as well. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! :D Glad you were there; it was a fun night!

    ReplyDelete